We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our team and help us transform ideas into compelling creative. The right candidate will be passionate and eager to work in a fast-paced, growing organization where skills are valued. He or she will be able to design in multiple environments, including digital and print.
What you’re getting yourself into
As a Stryve Designer, you will work directly with our Senior Account Managers and Designers to deliver creative that wows our clients. In any given week, your tasks could include:
- Assisting with web design and/or landing pages
- Sales & tradeshow collateral
- Branding/logo design
- Designing within an established brand
- Infographic design
- Social media and print ads
- Create/update layouts for presentation decks
- Various in-house design tasks to support our brand
- Blogging: It’s an important part of our learning culture. You’ll occasionally write about topics related to new marketing and design trends.
What we’re hoping to find
We’re not specifying the required years of experience. We’re more interested in a strong portfolio and skill set. We’re seeking a confident, talented designer who will bring expertise to our company but is also clearly focused on being the best they can be.
Because of that, the following will be key:
- Degree or diploma in graphic design
- Impressive portfolio showing different types of digital and print work
- Understanding of branding, layout, and typography in both print and digital media
- Strong understanding of brand consistency
- Solid understanding of the creative and print production processes (proofing and pre-flighting)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD etc.)
- Excellent writing skills (blogging experience is an asset)
- Exceptional organization and time management skills, with a fine eye for detail
- Comfortable taking direction from and providing feedback to the rest of the team
A lot of skills can be taught over time, but what isn’t easy to develop is a good cultural fit. You’d fit in well with our team if…
- You’re always learning new things and sharing your knowledge
- You’re confident in sharing your opinion
- Humour is a part of how you get through the day
- There are things outside of work you’re passionate about
- You feel strongly about good food
Ready to apply?
Apply with your resume, cover letter, and portfolio through the form below. Don’t be afraid to be yourself and have a little fun with your application.
Please make sure you submit your application before 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, December 31st. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact us at knockknock(at)stryvemarketing.com.