It’s no secret—our team loves living in Kitchener-Waterloo. We’re also a pretty diverse bunch, so our social calendars are full of different (and awesome!) things to do in Kitchener-Waterloo. From festivals and special events to great eats and things to do, we wanted to share our favourites.
Our go-to Kitchener-Waterloo lunch spots
- Holy Guacamole – Some Stryvers eat here 2-7 times a week!
- Lancaster Smokehouse
- Vincenzo’s – Our favourite lunch place, just down the Iron Horse Trail from Catalyst. We love their build-your-own sandwiches and hot table!
- Modern Indian – Great buffet
- Bao Sandwich Bar
- Try out the smart tables at Graffiti Market (and the pizza). If the conversation isn’t flowing, you can just play a game on the table!
Our favourite Kitchener-Waterloo date spots
(Yes, there are actually a handful of people that consider us dateable)
- dels Enoteca: www.delsenoteca.ca – Big focus on local & in-house crafted food
- Public Kitchen & Bar: https://www.kwpublic.com/ – sharable plates are a great way to bond
- Take a stroll through THEMUSEUM‘s rotating exhibits and maybe learn a few things together
- Play VR games together at CTRL V or Mirage VR
- Kinkaku Izakaya: https://kinkakuizakaya.ca/ great sushi spot. Try the takoyaki, trust!
Hanging around Kitchener-Waterloo this summer?
- Buy local at one of our two awesome farmer’s markets, Downtown Kitchener and St. Jacob’s
- Drive up to the Elora Quarry swimming hole and go tubing in the Elora Gorge
We have fun in Kitchener-Waterloo all year round:
- Apollo Cinema – This is a hidden gem! Catch classics and cult favourites over a pint or glass of wine at the new licensed theatre
- Etsy Made in Waterloo Region Combining buying local and Etsy? Amazing!
- Bingemans (bowling, sports leagues, family fun)
- Grand River Rocks Rock Climbing Gym
- Adventure Rooms Escape Challenge
- Adventurer’s Guild Cafe – looking for a quieter time? Play board games and sip an espresso
- Centre in the Square has great events throughout the year from music to comedy and literature
- The many breweries in the area are worth checking out: Descendants (hosts regular trivia nights), Abe Erb, and Innocente to name a few!